We are Today’s Rolfe PTA – Come Join our Journey!
August 25, 2017
Greetings John Rolfe Middle School Family,
My name is Angela Clark Greene and I am so happy to be serving as your PTA President for 2017-2018 school year. I would like to welcome back to school our returning families and extend a heartfelt WELCOME to all new families to the John Rolfe community! I would also like to give a big welcome to our returning and new members of our teaching and administrative staff. I look forward to a great year working together.
The PTA, both nationally and locally, is committed to bringing homes and schools together. Connecting parents and school ensures effective engagement and academic achievement for all children. It promotes the welfare of children throughout the community, works to secure sustainable policies/laws for the care and protection of our children, and seeks to develop united efforts between educators and the general public so that children may receive every educational advantage. We will continue to strive to involve parents in the education process by working with teachers and school administrators. By working together, we ensure that our students will achieve more. Within our school, our collaborative work will continue to provide a foundation of support for educational excellence.
To ensure that we, as your 2017-2018 JRMS-PTA, fulfil its commitment to our students, parents, teachers and administrators, we will lead by our core values which include:
· Collaboration: We are committed to building relationships with the school administration, parents & community by proactively addressing concerns or challenges and working as a team to seek out solutions
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parents, family and community involvement
- Accountability: To provide a cooperative means of monitoring and improving educational programs and conditions within JRMS, utilizing input from parents, teachers, staff and the community.
· Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible
The PTA is committed to champion the re-establishment of Rolfe as a school of excellence, pride and community. But we can’t do it alone…WE NEED YOU!!
How can you help, you ask? Well, a little goes a long way, here are just a few ways you can support:
- Sig-up to become a member of the PTA – Membership is only $6.00!
- We need parent volunteers to make our programs a success.
- Have a great idea? Let us know; we would love to hear from you.
- Attend school and/or PTA sponsored events
- Attend your PTA meetings to see and hear firsthand what’s happening in your school and school community
- Attend at least one (1) school board meeting and let them know you are from Rolfe MS
- Support our teachers and administrators – we all are working together for the same goal – OUR children’s success!
Should you ever have any questions, suggestions, concerns or just need to get clarification on a topic, please feel free contact me.
Your involvement is how our PTA stays strong and our kids achieve success. Together we can truly make a difference!
I welcome your feedback, so please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you and let’s have a great year!
Angela Clark Greene
John Rolfe Middle School